Bongs are smoking devices that filter the smoke from reaching your lungs and make it less harmful for you. This smoking device not only makes the smoking process easier; also gives you the smoother taste of smoking substances. It filters tobacco, cannabis, and other herbs smoke that you want to smoke; it uses water to filter these substances. It also makes the smoke cool when it passes through the water chamber and gives it a smooth taste. These devices are available in a lot of designs, shapes, and materials. In this article we will discuss glass bongs vs plastic bongs.
Components of a Bong:
A bong has five main parts; a base or tube, a water chamber to filter the smoke, a bowl to keep the herbs, a percolator to make bubbles, and a carburetor to cool the smoke. This filtration device is also known as a water pipe due to its water filtration system.
In this article, we will explain glass bongs and plastic (acrylic) bongs.
Bongs are made from different types of materials but glass is more rare material used to make this smoking device. Glass bongs look cooler and makes the smoking hits smooth than other bong devices. Glass bongs are available in all shapes, prices, and sizes according to smoker’s choice. These bong devices offer you better smoking performance than other bong material because it makes the smoke smoother. This bong device gives your excellent smoking hits, and it also contains percolators and carburetors to add some extra function.
Advantages of Glass Bongs:
Glass bongs have a lot of advantages over other bong materials; that’s why it appears as a more preferable bong in smokers.
- Glass bongs give a fantastic and smoother smoking taste than other bong devices.
- The stems of glass bongs are clear and are available in all colors and styles.
- Glass bongs have some additional features; percolators and carburetors that add the function of cooling and bubble making in this bong.
- Percolators cause bubble effects in glass bongs that make this bong rare from others and look great.
- The presence of carburetors in glass bongs makes the smoke cooler and gives it a smooth flavor.
- The additional benefit of glass bongs over other bongs is that they offer a prominent flavor than metal and wooden bongs.
- Glass bongs are easy to use and clean than metal or other bongs.
- Glass bongs are available in all styles, shapes, prices; and contain carburetors that make them unique.
- The components of glass bongs are very clean and lightweight than metal bongs that you can clean easily.
- Glass bongs are available in all designs and shapes, having an open variety of colors also.
- Glass bongs give you a fantastic and pure flavor of cannabis, tobacco, and other herbs due to the absence of any impurity in these bongs.
Click here to know more about the advantages of bongs
Some disadvantages of Glass Bongs:
There are a lot of advantages of glass bongs over other bong materials; there are also some disadvantages of glass materials.
- Glass bongs are comparatively more costly than other types of bong materials because of additional features; carburetors and percolators.
- You have to take care; to keep a glass bong safe from a hit because if you break it, you cannot repair or reassemble it. You need to change the bong to the new one.
- These need to be clean regularly if you are using a percolator or carburetor feature in your glass bong.
- Some smokers find it difficult to clean a glass bong, as if it breaks, you can reassemble it.
Plastic (acrylic) Bongs:
Plastic (acrylic) bongs are cheaper than glass bongs, metal bongs, and wooden bongs because they have simple and common designs. If you want to purchase a simple and cheaper bong, the plastic bong is the best choice. Due to cheap ones, plastic bongs are most popular among smokers because they can buy them easily. If you’re looking for a less expensive alternative to a Glass Bong, consider Plastic Bongs. Numerous types of plastic are unsuitable for bongs due to the fact that fire can melt them. However, many Bongs are made of silicone or acrylic.
These are surprisingly functional and effective, making them an excellent substitute for glass. One of the primary advantages of using a plastic bong is its durability. While inexpensive glass bongs are much more prone to cracking and breaking, any type of plastic bong should be fine even if dropped. Additionally, there is less reason to worry about cosmetic damage when using a Plastic Bong. Another significant advantage of using a Plastic Bong rather than a Glass Bong is that it is typically much less expensive. While you may prefer to pay a little more for a high-quality Glass Bong, Plastic Bongs are ideal for users on a budget—particularly because a Bong made of acrylic or silicone will be much more resistant to damage than a cheap Glass Bong.
While Glass Bongs may appear to be more stylish, there are still plenty of cool and stylish Plastic Bongs available. These are available in a variety of colors and styles, and while Glass Bongs often outperform them, Plastic Bongs are still worth checking out. If you’re looking for a less expensive alternative to a Glass Bong, consider Plastic Bongs. Numerous types of plastic are unsuitable for bongs due to the fact that fire can melt them. However, many Bongs are made of silicone or acrylic.
These are surprisingly functional and effective, making them an excellent substitute for glass. One of the primary advantages of using a plastic bong is its durability. While inexpensive glass bongs are much more prone to cracking and breaking, any type of plastic bong should be fine even if dropped. Additionally, there is less reason to worry about cosmetic damage when using a Plastic Bong. Another significant advantage of using a Plastic Bong rather than a Glass Bong is that it is typically much less expensive. While a high-quality Glass Bong is preferable, Plastic Bongs are ideal for users on a budget, as they are much more durable than cheap Glass Bongs.
Advantages of Plastic (acrylic) Bongs:
- Plastic is an inexpensive material due to which plastic bongs are cheaper than bongs; wooden bongs, metal bongs, ceramics bongs, and glass bongs.
- You can carry plastic material with you during a journey easily due to the safety of plastic material.
- Plastic bongs are easy to keep anywhere, and you do not worry to be broken this smoking device if you fall on your marble.
- Plastic is a very durable material, and you do not need special care of a plastic bong if you are using this.
- Plastic bongs are more durable than other bongs because plastic is a hard material; does not break easily.
- Plastic bongs are available in an open variety of colors and shapes than glass bongs.
Disadvantages of Plastic (acrylic) Bongs:
Where we talk about a lot of advantages of plastic bongs, there are also some disadvantages of plastic bongs as:
- Plastic bongs do not give a smooth taste to smoking substances; tobacco, cannabis, other herbs.
- It is tough to clean a plastic bong because you cannot separate its components.
- You cannot enjoy the additional feature of carburetors in plastic bongs because it is not pre-fixed in it.
- Plastic bongs offer the worst taste of cannabis than the other bongs; glass bongs.
Glass Bongs VS Plastic Bong
||Plastic (acrylic) Bongs
Why do Smokers Prefer Glass bongs to Plastic Bongs?
- Most of the smoker prefer glass bongs over plastic bongs; because glass bongs give a pure and smooth taste of smoking substances.
- Glass bongs also have additional features of percolators and carburetor, makes the smoke smoother than a plastic bong.
- Glass bongs have a beautiful and great look that is not a feature of the plastic bong. Glass bong is clear hence is to clean than a plastic bong.
The Bottom Lines:
Bongs are smoking devices that filter the smoke and make it more smooth and clean and less harmful than other smoking devices. Bongs are available in different types of materials. Glass and plastic bongs are the most popularly used bongs because they have an open variety of colors and designs. Smoker prefers glass bongs than plastic bongs due to purity and great look of these bong styles.
Disclaimer: This article is for reference only. No type of smoking is completely safe regardless of the smoking instrument used. Please do your own due-diligence before taking up or participating any type of recreational smoking.